janedoe479 said: What's the best thing to do when you go down a hill on a penny board and need to slow down or speed wobble?
ok, well i am going to give you the advice that i give to all skateboarders because PENNY BOARDS ARE SKATEBOARDS.
1. relax your ankles. it feels so wrong, but it’s the only way to stop speed wobbles. trust your bushings’ ability to return to centre naturally and don’t manhandle your board.
2. now get your weight FAR forward. this will help reduce turning in your back truck. there’s a reason cars only turn their front wheels… it’s 100000000x easier to control.
3. open up your jacket or windbreaker if you have one, then stand up slowly and create the maximum amount of surface area possible. this is called windbraking.
4. once you’re at a safe speed, take your back foot off your board (it must be your back foot, yes. remember where your weight should be?) and gently place it on the ground, letting your shoe drag. this is called footbraking.
5. if you know how to shutdown slide, now’s the time.
with a combo of these things, you should be able to either come to a stop or put yourself in a position where you can safely bail into grass or something soft.